Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Seattle

They stole a pair of sunglasses and a hand powered flashlight. Now, maybe the next time they smash the window out on a 1992 Mazda in the middle of the night, they will know in advance whether or not there's even a stereo in there to steal.
Jesus, this is gonna cost me 35 bucks for the used window and a deli sandwich for my friend to install it properly.
On the plus side, I LOVE Seattle. I was born there almost 42 years ago, (my favorite number, 42, I'm gonna be it! YAY!) and I never get tired of going home. I had a blast at the Market, met my love's best friend, saw some strange scenes.
But damn, you stupid crackhead, there was a 200 dollar bike rack, a 30 dollar helmet, a 20 dollar bike pump, 4 bucks in change, several books in good resale condition, and lots of personal info in the glove-box.
Why'd ya have to take the pair of sunglasses that Taylor gave me when I showed up drunk with a brand-new rented Cadillac?
He said, "Take these, you need them."
They've been my faves ever since.
Gradient tint, mirrored just enough to seem wrong and creepily trapezoidal. With thin silver frames. Never gonna replace those. C'est la vie.

Been kayaking to work, got strafed by a seagull this morning. I saw it when the fucker stared me down, I came too close to the seawall and he launched without ever looking anywhere but my eyes. Poo all over my skirting, but the lame-ass missed my head. Gonna smack him with my paddle the next time.

1 comment:

Jen-Jenny-Jennifer said...

You are so damn funny! Rumor has it gulls are rats with wings. I wish I could kayak, I can't even motorbike to work (don't know how). Hmmm. The cows out in the pasture are pretty tame. . .