Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Ugh. Me lose computer long time. Almost stop caring about online world, save 100 dollars a month. Thankfully, my machine came back from the shop just in time to reinvigorate my lagging interest in all things unimportant and rescue me from a caveman existence that surely would have involved leaving the house.
Now I know what Britney is paying Fed-Ex to go away, I know that Paul McCartney's psycho bitch gold-digger estranged spousal unit can gimp her way through a waltz, I know that Iran is... well, Iran.
Still not caring enough, I can tell. I can feel the lingering apathy. Am beginning to suspect John Prine never spoke truer words than his line in "Hello in There" that goes.... "all the news just repeats itself like some forgotten dream that we've both seen..."
Gotta go change dad's diapers in a few weeks. Not looking forward to it, obviously. Stupid reminders that life is messy and unpleasant seem far more frequent than those happy reminders that life is gleeful and shiny. Maybe I just need to approach the idea of complete dementia from a whole new angle.
Trying... trying... nope.
Just no use.
My living will is going to include the phrase "fucking put me down like a rabid dog."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha, very good. im a BIG fan of john prine, who by the way is coming to mt. baker. dear abby dear abby......

nice to see your writing again, even if its just to complain. oh and can you please tell marco to ease up on the cologne (PHEEWWW).
"yes id like to order the salmon with a side of aftershave please"
love ya, call me on that last conversation we had before you walked out the door.