Thursday, April 3, 2008

Three hour tour

Damn fine paddle today, discovered this great beach construct out by Birch Point, apparently called Fort Viking or something.
Saw blue herons, eagles, loons, cormorants, brandts, sea urchins, harbor seals and the usual collection of gulls, terns and geese. It's soooo good to be back on the water, I'm transported to another planet as soon as the boat is free of the shore.
I think they call it "Earth", I really need to get used to the cold and go visit it more often in winter. Just as soon as I learn the Eskimo roll.
Sundogs over Mount baker at 7 am.
Nothin' like paddling past your job on your day off.
That rock has eyes. An older male seal, he seemed to recognize me.
Somebody built a sweet beach tree house, but around the corner was THIS!
Looked only partially maintained, the kayaks had algae on them. This beach is pretty inaccessible though, I bet those toys sat there safely all winter.
Indeed.



Jesus, that looks like my dad.

No comments: