Friday, June 22, 2007

Good Band


So I met this nice kid Riley through "activities" on Craigslist. He's a good paddler, laid back, like they tend to grow 'em 'round here. We had a sunny outing at Point Whitehorn, complete with a harbor seal on a rock and kelp forests and a pitcher of Mac n Jack's after. Most importantly, he turned me on to this great local band Spoonshine, with a very talented mandolin player. They were playing in B-ham last night, but I had to sleep. Hope to see 'em soon though, their website is here, with some downloadable tracks at a rather low bitrate. Using the EQ in WindowsPlayer helps. My fave is the rather long (at 9:50) "Go Hide the Bottle."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i said....glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

again, I think this is absolutely gorgeous, like the way your eyes shine when you sat in the window at your desk, facing the harbor......They would glow, and sparkle, that made me happy.

Emma said...

Just got back to new york from washington, being home for the holidays and all, and had the pleasure of seeing spoonshine in edison. they really are fantastic, aren't they? gorgeous picture on this post, by the way. makes me miss the northwest.