Friday, March 28, 2008

My beer is empty...

I find it difficult to write when sober. I guess I'm in esteemed company. It's nearly April though, and it's been SNOWING. For two days, off and on.
I'm pissed.
Irritated, too. So let's consume some more beverages, shall we?
I work with this girl, this beautiful young woman named XXXXX. She's the sort of pale, dark-eyed woman you'd think would be named Sylvia or Persephone or Cleo, something a twenties flapper might adopt as a pseudonym.
Only twenty three or so, she's pure Lynden through and through.
Seriously, the most Xtian E-van-GEL-ical, Literal Interpretation, completely insane, missionary wannabe I've ever met. Her and her hubby, about whom I know nothing, other than the fact that he is studying the Koran, are traveling PERMANENTLY to an as-yet-to-be-determined 'Middle Eastern country' at the end of the summer (not kidding, they're still praying about it) in order to let some ignorant Arabs know that they've been talking to the wrong Gawd.
For real.
She's gonna go quickly from wanna-be to shortly-was.
I sooooo had to resist telling her I would never click on her beheading video.
I also had to resist suggesting that she and the hub might try thinking instead of praying.
I'm old enough to know that never, ever works with these puddin'-brains.
I am gonna buy her 'The Poisonwood Bible', though. She claims to read, at least one book anyway.
Ya know, the Olde Testamente doth say The Lord sent many plagues and many visitations by the Angel of Death. Jehovah allegedly loosed these ancient miseries upon a world of less than two million people.
I was on I-5 for an hour and a half and covered only 40 miles yesterday. I'd say we are fucking overdue for a god-damned plague. Let the sickness take the Canadian drivers and the missionaries first.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am rolling on the floor, funniest thing youve written in a while! i know who your talking about and it makes me laugh even harder. stop it!!!!!!!!!lol

Anonymous said...

Oh, hell yeah.
Sis

woolydaisy said...

i know exactly what you mean about the alcohol-writing connection. sure makes it flow better.